If you’re responsible for managing a website’s SEO, then you know how important it is to provide accurate and insightful reports to your clients. After all, they’re relying on you to help them improve their online visibility and reach their target audience.
So, how can you create effective SEO reports that will actually help your clients? Here are a few tips:
Keep it simple
Your clients probably aren’t SEO experts, so don’t try to overload them with too much technical information. Instead, focus on presenting the data in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
Highlight the progress
Make sure to highlight any progress that’s been made since the previous month report. This could include an increase in organic traffic, improved rankings, or more backlinks (link profile).
In addition to presenting the data, also offer your recommendations on what should be done next. This could involve optimizing existing content, creating new content, or building more backlinks.
By following these tips, you can create an effective SEO report template that will actually be helpful for your clients.
SEO reports for clients are essential if you’re an SEO company, or you work on SEO projects at an agency, since they’re your proof that the work you’re doing is producing results. But how do you go about creating SEO reports that are effective? Here are some more tips on how to create SEO reports that will impress your clients and help them see the value of your services.
Related: What is SEO reporting
Why Is Seo So Important For Companies ?
SEO is short form for “Search engine optimization”. It is a long-term marketing strategy employed in order to improve a websites visibility and organic search results in google and other global search engines.
The main aim of SEO is to attract more visitors to a website by improving its rank in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
SEO is important for companies because it is one of the most effective ways to drive organic traffic to a website.
SEO is a complex and ever-changing field, and it can be difficult to keep up with the latest changes and best practices. However, the benefits of SEO are clear:
- SEO can help you attract more visitors to your website.
- SEO can help you improve your conversion rate.
- SEO can help you build trust and credibility with your audience.
- SEO can help you rank higher in the search engine results pages, which can lead to more traffic and more customers.
If you want to succeed online, SEO is an essential part of your marketing strategy.
What is an SEO Report?
As a business owner, you understand how important it is to have a strong online presence. You know that SEO is a crucial part of any digital marketing strategy. But what exactly is an SEO report?
An SEO report template is a document that details the progress of your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. It typically includes data on your site traffic, keyword rankings, and other SEO metrics.
Why is an SEO report important?
An SEO report template is a valuable tool for tracking your website’s progress and identifying areas that need improvement. It can help you gauge the effectiveness of your SEO strategy and make necessary changes to improve your results.
How often should you create an SEO report?
How often you create an SEO report template will depend on the blog goals of your SEO strategy and the resources you have available. If you’re just starting out with SEO, you may want to create an SEO report on a monthly basis. As you get more experience, you may find that quarterly or even yearly reports are sufficient.
How many SEO clients do you manage?
This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on the size of the clients and the scope of their SEO work. Generally, I like to keep my client base small so that I can provide the best possible service. This means that we typically manage between 5 and 10 clients at any given time. Make sure to provide actionable insights to every of your clients fullfill clients seo goals provide ranking report, average position and their seo performance. If your client impress with your SEO report template and you can manage more clients you can search and provide service. Make sure to spend time with your family & friends.
How To Find Clients For Seo ?
An SEO company has to find clients for seo, or else they will not be able to make any money. There are many ways of finding clients for good seo. One way is to do some research on the internet and see if there are any companies that need help with their seo efforts. Another way is to ask people in your network if they know of any companies that need help with their seo efforts and contact them. An effective way to find clients for your SEO business is to use a white label reporting service.
This will allow you to provide your clients with actionable insights and engagement metrics that they can use to improve their SEO performance. Plus, having a monthly report will help you keep track of your progress and show your clients how their search traffic is increasing. If your clients impress with your good SEO reporting there is a 90% of chances they refer to more people ( But not their competitors 🙂 ) which will increase your business engagement.
What do Clients Want to See in an SEO Report?
An SEO report provides insights about the performance and progress of a client’s SEO campaign. The report should always include a summary of the company’s SEO objectives, any goals that were not met, and any recommendations for improvement. It should also include information about the company’s competitors in their blog niche, as well as what they are doing to rank higher than them. Additionally, an Blog SEO report should include the following:
- The performance of each search engine used (e.g. Google, Bing, Yahoo)
- The number of pages indexed in the company’s top 10 rankings in Google and Bing
- The number of organic searches per month and trending topics during the last 3 months
What clients want to see in an SEO report varies depending on the client, but there are some common factors that clients tend to look for. These include
- keyword ranking
- conversion rate
- Search traffic
- SEO performance
- session duration
- average position
- search visibility score
- engagement report
- analytics data.
Clients want to see that you are making progress towards their SEO goals. Additionally, include a backlink profile or link profile and Google Analytics data to show the overall health of the website. Finally, use an SEO report template that is easy to understand and visually appealing.
How do you make a SEO reports for clients
Creating an SEO report for clients is a difficult task. But with the help of SEO reporting tools, you can easily generate reports in a short time.
A seo report contains various metrics and link metrics like the number of keyword rankings, backlinks (building links), site traffic from search engines etc. You can use a monthly report to analyze your progress over time and make necessary changes.
- Get an idea of what the client wants. It is important to know what they are looking for in the report, so you can include all relevant information.
- Find out what metrics are important for the client. What information do they need?
- Choose a reporting tool that suits your needs and that of your clients. There are many SEO reporting tools available, so it’s up to you which one you decide on.
- Gather all necessary data and put it into the reporting tool. You will have to define how the metrics or link metrics should be calculated and then export them into a google sheets or CSV file or excel sheet and present them in a way that is easy for the client to read.
- Present your findings in a report that is clear, concise, and easily understood by the client.
To make your report more effective, include only the data that is relevant to your client’s needs. This will help them understand the report and make better decisions for their website.
Include a brief summary of your findings and recommendations for next steps. This will help your client see the value in your work and continue working with you in the future.
The Best Tools for Creating a Monthly SEO Report
The client report is one of the most important deliverables in an SEO campaign. It shows not only what progress has been made, but also how that progress was achieved. Without a client report, it would be difficult to show a return on investment (ROI) for an SEO campaign.
There are many different SEO reporting tools that can be used to create an effective SEO report. Here are some of the best:
The best tools for creating a monthly SEO report. The first tool is
- Google Data Studio
This tool is free and you can use it to create interactive reports and dashboards that are easy to share with your team.
Which is a paid service but it comes with many features that you don’t get with Google Data Studio SEO. One of these features is the ability to compare domains and track rankings over time.
Which has a lot of great features for position tracking rankings over time as well as keyword ranking data.
Allows you to check your site’s authority and see how well it ranks in different search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- SEO PowerSuite
With SEO PowerSuite, you can creating SEO reports brand-friendly for clients that look attractive and professional.
What should you Include in Your Monthly SEO Report
The specific data you include in your monthly SEO report will depend on your individual goals and needs. However, there are some common elements that are typically included, such as:
The Summary Page
The Summary Page is the first page that a you should visit your clients website. It should be an introductory page for the rest of your client website. The summary page should also have a call to action and highlight the most important features of your client website. Collect all information to create an SEO report.
This page should include:
- This month’s major deliverables
- In the coming month, there are any items that need to be addressed
- A summary of changes in organic traffic or other metrics
- Changes and tasks upcoming
Overall Marketing Performance Report
We believe that regular reporting is essential to the success of any marketing campaign. That’s why you should offer your clients a monthly marketing performance report, detailing all the key metrics and KPIs for their campaigns.
The report includes data on organic conversions rates, engagement metrics, social shares, and more. It’s an valuable resource for understanding what’s working well and where there is room for improvement.
You should be position tracking your client’s digital marketing progress and results on a regular basis. This will help you see what’s working and what’s not, so you can make necessary adjustments.
- Define your client goals and objectives. What do they want to achieve with their SEO efforts?
- Gather data from various sources. This could include Google Analytics search console, social media platforms, and more.
- Organize and analyze the data. Look for patterns and trends that will give you insights into your client SEO performance.
- Traffic insights (paid, social, referrals, etc.)
- Engagement and conversion information
- Comparison of traffic data from all sources
- Organic conversions trends on websites
- Sources of traffic to your site’s top pages
Organic Traffic Summary (via Google Analytics)
Organic traffic is a crucial metric for any business that relies on search engine optimization. This type of traffic is when the website automatically appears in the search engine’s results page and does not have to pay for it.
The metrics below are important to watch:
- Ranking report: this will tell you your ranking for keywords, which will give you an idea of what people are looking for and how well your client site ranks in Google
- Session duration: this will tell you how long visitors stay on your client site, which can be an indicator of quality content marketing or user experience
- Search traffic: this will show you how many people find your client website through Google, Yahoo!, Bing or other search engines
This report should measures the traffic coming to your client website from organic (unpaid) search results. It’s important to track this data so you can see how your client SEO efforts are paying off. Here’s a quick overview of what you need to include in your seo report:
- A summary of your website’s organic traffic, including month-over-month and year-over-year growth
- Your website’s top 10 organic keywords and their corresponding ranking position
- The top 5 countries sending organic traffic to your website
- A breakdown of the organic search traffic by device type (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- The top 5 landing pages for organic search traffic
- The top 5 exit pages for organic search traffic
Organic Traffic Detail
An effective SEO report will detail the organic traffic coming to a website. This includes clicks and impressions. By providing this information, clients can see the progress that has been made and the areas that need improvement. For example, if there is not much growth in clicks or impressions in the previous month in the google search console (access google search console of clients) then it may be time to make some changes to the site content marketing or target keywords.
Including these metrics also allows clients an opportunity to compare themselves against their competitors which could offer insights into what they are doing differently from others in their industry. Clicks provide insight into the number of people who have clicked on links (client’s link building) leading to your website while impressions tell you how many times those links were seen by potential customers on search engine results pages. It’s important to know that Google offers data under Search Analytics google search console and google analytics where you can find more detailed information about clicks and impressions such as where visitors are coming from (e.g., the average monthly search volume of keywords), how long they spend on your site, what pages they visit after clicking through, etc get this information from google search console.
On this page, include:
- How many clicks you’ve received from Google searches in the past month.
- In the previous month, how many impressions did you receive
- In the previous month, how many non-branded queries and clicks came from Google.
eCommerce Revenue and Conversion Analysis
If you client has eCommerce business, one of the most important things you can do is track your client revenue and conversions. This will give you a clear understanding of what’s working and what’s not. To do this effectively, you need to create an SEO report. Here’s how:
- First, identify your client website key performance indicators (KPIs). These are the key metrics that you’ll use to measure your success.
- Next, gather data from all of your channels including organic search, paid search, social media, and email marketing.
- Once you have all of your data, it’s time to analyze it. Look for trends and patterns that will help you understand what’s working and what’s not.
If you notice that certain keywords are leading to more traffic or higher conversion rates, recommend your client to focus on those keywords in future content strategies. For example, if I notice that my blog posts about dog breeds lead to higher conversion rates than blog posts about cats, I should create more content around dog breeds because it’s driving more sales.
Your SEO report should include:
- Overall conversion rate of the client
- Conversion rate of eCommerce in general
- Organic search revenue
- Organic search transactions
- Organic search order value
- Conversion rate of the top landing pages
eCommerce Product Performance
If you’re customers managing an eCommerce website, then you know how important it is to track product performance indicators. After all, your clients goal is to sell products and make a profit. The best way to do this is to track various seo metrics such as page views, add to cart rate, and conversion rate. You should also be tracking the number of visits per month, the average amount of time on site per visit, bounce rates, and referring sites. All of these metrics are crucial in understanding how well your clients site is performing overall.
For example, if your client website pages have high bounce rates (people leaving right after they hit the page), then that means that people aren’t finding what they want or need when they get there. Maybe they don’t find the information they need to decide whether or not to buy, or maybe they just don’t like your design/layout enough to stay on the site any longer than necessary. If this continues over time, then sales will suffer too. Add this to your seo report and help your client’s with ther seo efforts.
On this page, make sure you offer:
- Graphs of organic traffic on product pages over time
- Specific pages have a high bounce rate
- Length of time spent on certain pages
- Profit from the sale of products
- Organic revenue divided by average order value
Conversion Analysis and Lead Generation
Conversion analysis is a process of analyzing the conversion rates and other key performance seo metrics to find out what is working and what isn’t.
It’s important to track your clients conversion rates and understand how they change over time. This will help you determine which marketing channels are the most effective. You can also use this data to recommend to improve the content or design of your client website in order to their increase conversions.
In order to figure out where your client conversion rate is coming from, you need to analyze the analytics google search console data by channel. From there, you can identify which channels are generating more leads than others.
- Define what a conversion is.
- Identify the key factors that influence conversion.
- Use data to support your findings.
- Make recommendations based on your findings.
- Test your recommendations.
- Monitor results and revise as needed.
- Always be prepared to answer questions and address concerns from your clients
- Here you will find insights into:
- Non-organic traffic versus organic traffic conversion rates
- In total, how many goals have been converted
- Top organic landing pages based on conversions
Local SEO Reporting Page
Sometimes, SEO isn’t just about attracting attention from customers all over the world, it’s about attracting the right connections from local customers. On your local SEO report page, you can share insights on how your efforts are translating into attention from local customers.
Click here for more information on
- Organic traffic by location
- the bounce rate for a local page
- The average number of seconds per page for local business pages
- Success rate for landing on local pages
- Pages per session for those on the Local business profiles
- Points of view are more organic on Google Maps.
List of Organic Queries and Click through Rate
As an SEO analyst, one of the most important deliverables you can provide your clients is a report. This report should show progress from month to month, as well as year over year. The report should also include a list of organic queries and the click through rate (CTR) for each query. Here’s how to create an effective SEO report for your clients.
Step 1: First, identify common keywords used by your client that have high search volume and low competition.
Step 2: Next, rank these keywords in order of priority according to their value potential.
Step 3: Include any keywords that are not yet on the first page of Google but may be useful for future digital marketing campaigns. Rank these according to potential impact if they were in the top 10 results on Google’s SERP pages. The higher up the list, the more competitive it will be to get into those positions. If there are less than 10 opportunities, prioritize them accordingly and break them down into at least two different reports.
Step 4: Now find out what their current position is for these terms based on their rank on Google’s SERP pages. Find where they need to improve or maintain steady growth in order to get better rankings against competitors who are taking up all those positions ahead of them now.
Step 5: Write out these findings onto a report with a brief description about what needs to happen next to achieve this goal given budget constraints and resources available.
Include this in your seo report:
- Click through rate for each keyword
- For specific keywords, the average check search engine ranking
- Percentage of impressions for each query
- Each query has been clicked on by a certain number of times.
Keyword Rankings Report
A keyword rankings report is one of the most essential tools in an SEO’s toolkit. It allows you to track your progress over time, see which keywords are driving traffic to your client site, and identify opportunities for further improvement.
The following information is see:
- Look at the total number of ranking keywords
- Traffic generated by keywords
- Customer lifetime value is the value of that traffic
Your SEO report should include data on your website’s keyword rankings. This can help you track your customers progress and identify areas where you need to improve.
Related: Keyword research tips
Important Page Insights
In terms of SEO, certain parts of a website must be tracked more carefully than others. Not all pages on clients’ websites will be of equal importance. Such is the case, for example, with landing pages and product pages.
On your important pages tab
- How many visits per month are seen by your target pages?
- A description of the keyword rankings of each page
- A conversion rate of one page
Content and Back-Linking
A solid SEO strategy requires backlink analytics (link building) and content. It is a great idea to make a customized page (custom report) that shows your clients how many links you’re generating and how much content you publish. With Google Data Studio, you can create this page quickly and easily by creating graphs and visuals.
When working on your content and links page, keep these in mind
This past month
- Backlink analytics: how many links did you gain?
- building links: you have x number of links.
- In other words, how many pieces of content have you published this month?
- How many articles do you have so far
Plan of Action & Recommendations
In your SEO report, conclude with a section on what you will do to continue achieving results and meeting your goals. Including a section with recommendations may also be helpful, especially if you believe there are actions your client or client’s business can take to accelerate results.
How To Send Seo Report For Client
You want to make sure that your clients are happy with the work you’re doing for them, and one way to do that is by sending them regular manual reports on your progress. Google Sheets is a great way to create and send these reports, as it’s easy to use and can be accessed from anywhere. Plus, you can customize the reports to include only the information that your clients need to see. Here’s how to create an effective SEO report using Google Sheets
- Download or open a new sheet in Google Sheets
- Title the sheet SEO Report
- Select Sheet 2 and insert three columns: date, keywords ranking & links acquired
- In Column A (date), insert today’s date followed by Rankings, Links Acquired, etc. The order of these columns will correspond to what you’ll be presenting in your manual report.
An effective SEO report should be clear, concise, and actionable. It should also be tailored to the client’s needs and goals. In order to create an effective white label reporting, you will need to understand the client’s business, their target market, and their competitors. With this information, you can begin to identify opportunities and make recommendations that will help the client improve their online visibility and reach their goals.
- In order to create an effective SEO report, you need to first understand what your client wants and needs.
- Once you know what they’re looking for, you can begin collecting data and information that will be relevant to their goals.
- Be sure to include competitor analysis in your report, as this will give your client a clear idea of how their website is performing in comparison to others in their industry.
- Always use clear and concise language when writing an SEO report – remember, your client may not be familiar with all the technical jargon.
- Include actionable items in your report that your client can take in order to improve their website’s ranking and visibility.
Like this post? Share this on Pinterest – Thank you!
Related posts on SEO